Hi,
I am a bit behind with my posting, we went to the American Museum in Bath during July, they had a special and rare display of the declaration of Independence signed on the 4th July 1776 , this is only one of 26 surviving copies in the world. It is the first time it has gone on display in England it marks 250 years anniversary of the signing. I really enjoyed seeing this as I was born on the 4th July.
Pictures of some of the layouts of the rooms I cannot remember We had a tour of the house and here are some of the photos, it was a very hot day, and too hot to walk around the gardens, we intend to go back in the autumn when it might be cooler and enjoy the gardens.
Pictures of some of the quilts on show
which century they were
Margaret
I did not take one of the house, but I wll do so when we go back in the sutumn. The house dates back to the 14th centruy, Its a house with a lot of history and became the American Musum in the 1950s, its the only one outside the USA, Its a fascinating building, with a large show of quilts and the rooms over the centuries showing the American way of life. as per the pictures above.










No comments:
Post a Comment
In accordance with Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), those leaving a comment to which I thank you for, do so in the knowledge that their blog name and link are visible to all who visit this blog and therefore consent to the use of that personal information for the specific purpose.
Thank you for visiting my blog today and if you wish to leave a comment it will be gratefully received, comments are always welcome.